Frederick Food not bombs meets every Saturday at 1:00pm and serves free Vegaterian and Vegan meals. These are the places where and when we can be found:
- 1:00 between the Gazebo and William Tally Center
- 2:00 corner of market and Patrick
- 3:00 in front of Frederick Action Agency
- 4:00 in Front of the Beacon House
The principals of food not bombs:
- If governments and corporations around the world spent as much time and energy on feeding people as they do on war, no one would go hungry.
- There is enough food in the world to feed everyone, but so much of it goes to waste needlessly, as a direct result of capitalism and .
- Vegan food is both healthy and nonviolent.
- Food Not Bombs works to call attention to poverty and homelessness in society by sharing food in public places and facilitating gatherings of poor, homeless and other disenfranchised people. There are three tenets to the Food Not Bombs philosophy
- Decision making by consensus
Anyone who wants to cook may cook, and anyone who wants to eat may eat. Food Not Bombs claims to strive to include everyone.